[Dailydrool] Snoopy checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 14 08:26:38 PDT 2019

Hi all, Snoopy here,
Well it has been hotter then all get out here in Northern California and it's past all patience.  Why it's all a hound can do to go outside to go potty ..... it was over 100 degrees several days in a row and only cooled down to the 70s at night ..... terrible.
I managed to terrify the clueless momPerson.  She came home from work and found the house empty ..... she came running outside and i was asleep on the patio in the shade but it was over 100 degrees and I was breathing real slow and she was shouting SNOOPY!!!  SNOOPY!!!  So I lifted my head and she said Snoopy you come inside right this minute it's too hot OMG Snoopy!  So I wandered back inside ..... the dadPerson had only left 20 minutes before so I had barely had time to drift off to sleep but she was hysterical.  It's too hot!  He should have locked the dog door!  You shouldn't have gone to sleep out there!  Such a fuss over nothing.
Chomper has been a real dickens.  He bites you know.  Not hard.  Well, usually not very hard and he hardly ever breaks the skin, you have to make him REALLY mad to do that.  If you take something away from him or if you try to push or shove him over he will grab your hand in his mouth and give you THE look.  momPerson has no patience for his nonsense she tells him to knock it off RIGHT NOW and he usually does.  dadPerson has been bitten good, had the skin broken because he tried to shove Chomper over in bed after Chomper said he wasn't moving and dadPerson tried to show him who was boss and yeah ..... momPerson told dadPerson to reach under the covers to move Chomper over, he bites the covers then.  It's a bit embarrassing with guests ..... "oh he's ADORABLE" and we're like "yeah ..... stand back the boy bites" and little Chomper will charge over there snarling and lunging and bite em.  Not hard.  Usually.  We are working on this and he is improving.  If a person is seated he won't bite them.  Yesterday he stole a unicorn hat out of the (no longer a) teenagers room and Natalie (who is home from college for the summer) went to take it away from him and ..... yep .... he bit her .... not hard, he didn't break the skin or leave a mark but he did bite her and she didn't appreciate it ONE BIT.  It's a good thing he's cute.
Little Daisy has also been the dickens lately.  She is part of our pack now ..... we taught her to HOWL!  It's great!  momPerson takes Daisy to work sometimes (she works at PlayStation) and Daisy was wandering around play bowing and howling to get people to play with her.  We have also taught her to play alligator mouth ... momPerson is trying to get a video, it's quite cute.  A person came over to momPerson at work yesterday carrying Daisy and said to her "um .... excuse me but I was playing with your robot and it bit me" ...... it's possible that Daisy spends too much time hanging around Chomper (who it turns out is aptly named).
More later from Snoopy who gets along with all of them and doesn't bite and doesn't condone biting either .... shame, shame.