[Dailydrool] Names

Diana Grove diana.grove at icloud.com
Sun Mar 10 07:25:35 PDT 2019

I married into bassets.  Poppy came from a breeder, too nervous to show. Falcor (Falkie) named from Neverending Story, came from a marriage breakup.  Bilko came from a couple who worked all day.  She wasn't keen on him and the neighbours complained he barked all day and upset their sick baby.  Lucy was bought by a teenager against his mother's wishes and lived in the garden.  She came via our vet and had epilepsy.  Rooney came from a rescue.  Sophie came via the vet and we finally got to name one!

We started in January with the small pictures in the Senior Hounds Abound calendar and Sophie seemed to fit.  Chewie came from a rescue and we picked the name again.  Chewbacca from Star Wars, called Chewie and ChooChi and various other things.

I found the Drool when Poppy had trouble with her back.  As the "Irish one" everyone was very kind.  Nancy helped me get Drool merchandise and Cyndi sent me two beautiful bags she knew I would not be able to get in Europe.  Then Amanda met us at JFK and drove us around when we had a long transfer wait.  Then we braved the Ocean City Boardwaddle weekend and the rest is history!

We try and get over a couple of times a year and try to get to Slobberfest, Brood and visit Wendie and Pat and others in Florida.  And sometimes we are lucky enough to get Drool visitors here.

So many marvellous friends and so many great hound stories.   Love it all!

Diana