[Dailydrool] Names

Linda Gardner hockeyphans at verizon.net
Wed Mar 13 16:23:53 PDT 2019

Since most of our dogs have been rescues, we've kept their names  - Toby, Beauty (bassets), Abby (Iab mix), Lucy, Barney, Bubba (bassets), Snoopy (supposedly a basset mix but looked like a beagle on steroids), Shorty (sometimes referred to as Mr. Shortstuff), Copper (bassets).

Our rescue basset from Missouri was named because initially when she got into rescue they called her Saddlebags. That seemed awfully dumb, so on our way home from ABC's basset picnic where we adopted her, we passed a Hannaford truck. At that point we decided to call her Hannah from Missouri (to differentiate her from Hannah Montana). She ended up being called Hurricane Hannah. Picture a 5-year old basset puppy-mill mommy, with a penchant for chewing everything from furniture, to empty soda cans, to rubber handles on pliers, to unopened tuna fish cans, and much much more.

Our basset puppies Jake and Elwood (sometimes referred to as Mr. Wood) were named after the Blues Brothers.

Before Jake and Elwood we had a basset puppy we called Mackey because when he walked he had a swagger like Mackey Sasser of the NY Mets.

Linda Gardner
hockeyphans at verizon.net