[Dailydrool] Names

Susan lily5943 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 08:22:25 PDT 2019

My first basset came from the Richmond VA SPCA without a name. I christened her Sophie. The next addition was a smooshy, droopy rescue girl named Maisy who had been tied to a tree most of her life. She became Jolie (pretty in French).

Our next adoption was a baby that the shelter was calling Daisy. So unique, right?  She was renamed Gracie Girl, usually called Gigi. Beau was rescued on the loose and brought to us. When he stepped out of the van I was struck by his good looks.  Beau means handsome in French. He's lost most of his vision but does just fine.

Daisy and Dixie came to us from Memphis where their owner had moved away. They were renamed Bella and Noodle. Bella was adopted, but we kept sweet Noodle, who is still with us today.

Chance means luck in French, and it seemed the perfect fit when we found a little puppy in the road who had just been hit by a car. He survived and is now 5.

I think I joined the Drool in 2003 or 2004. Have learned so much, shared so many laughs and tears, consoled and been consoled, made lovely friends.  One year Mary Jane Calhoun and I went to the Mishgun Waddle. We also took Jolie and her Chloe to NTBR's Waddle once.

 It's an amazing group.

Susan
With three at home and three ATB

Sent from my iPad