[Dailydrool] Names

don/jan cook tudor2 at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 14 12:08:36 PDT 2019

We had a hotel here on the Island (Vancouver Island) named the Waddling Dog Inn.  They had iron Bassets in each window ( think tudor style hotel) and the front door had a Basset head etched in the glass.
They always had a Basset hound on site, behind the counter, to greet the travellers. Their first one, years ago, was named John. Then when he passed there was John the 2nd. And so it went, up to and including John the 6th.
Now the hotel has changed hands and there are no more Johns.
I wonder what happened to those iron profiles of Bassets from their windows. Wouldn’t they be wonderful to have!
Jan and the hounds