[Dailydrool] From the Desk (Woe is Me)

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 04:32:42 PDT 2019

Your intrepid Professional Lady Basset Reporter here.
what a mess!
It just rains and rains and rains and rains and I hope our Houndies in
Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas and other afflicted area are high and dry-- hard
enough for a Basset on a good day. (Ha ha A little Basset humor there if
you missed it. And people say I have no sense of humor.)
Because normally I do not like getting my beautiful and delicate white toes
in dirt, when it is time to come in I have to pick my way carefully from
hummock of quack grass to hummock of creeping Charlie and that
eversoimpatient MomPerson just has to wait, standing in the door. It is
kind of fun because it drives her crazy. I do not even look up at her.
Recently however she broke out in these strange bumps she calls "hives".
Now this is odd because she was not stung by any bees nor have I seen any
around her and the bumps do not have any holes in them for bees and besides
are too small and too attached to her and does this mean the bees are
inside her? This is not going to make her any nicer, I am pretty sure. It
isn't going to happen to us, is it? I don't think it sounds fun at all,
having bees inside you. I am a little worried about this not a lot, you
understand, just....just... I mean who would know about this? Wait. Doc.
Maybe Doc knows. After all, I mean, lookit his name for heaven's sake! I am
so smart. Ohhhh Doooooooooc.....................where are youuuuu???

Love & Cuddles from Merta Lou and Doc.