[Dailydrool] Hot Spots

Houndsabound@cfl.rr.com houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Fri May 10 03:39:45 PDT 2019

Hi Sally,
We get hotspots on the kids, not often, but often enough.  I have never used those meds for treatment.    What we do is to  shave the area, keep clean with chlorhexidine (sp?),   We use a topical spray with hydrocortisone in it, and also put them on a round of cephalexin.  Baytril is a heavy hitter antibiotic.   It can cause tummy upset, but curious why your vet went to that, am sure he had a good reason.    In addition, over here cephalexin is still a free script through some  grocery stores vs Baytril being very expensive.
Hope you get some answers.    Just wanted to share our experience with you

Arooos, wen and the Bounders