[Dailydrool] Howliday cards!

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Wed Oct 9 04:49:25 PDT 2019

First, Kacy, thanks so much for keeping this Drool tradition
alive!  It’s a lot of work but it brings so much joy to so many
of us!

Kacy touched briefly on group mailings - I wanted to go into
some detail in the hopes that it might make some more folks
feel like they can afford to participate or can join in instead of
missing out because they don’t have the time.

There are several of us that do mailing groups.  This is how
my group works; I’m sure the others work similarly. First, we
agree on the size of the card and we all do photo paper because
it’s less expensive  to mail. Everyone orders their cards and either
has them mailed directly to me or to themselves if they order
extras and then sent to me. I get the stamps once the list comes
out and get the cards stuffed, stamped and labeled for mailing.
I’m fortunate that I have a couple of Drool buddies that live
close enough to come and help.

The big deal about group mailings is that it saves time if you
don’t have it and money, which we all like!  If you do the
shorter list of 60 cards, postage of 55 cents for U.S. addresses
will cost you $33.00 if you are mailing alone.  If you are in a mailing
group of 4, that cost goes down to $8.25.  There are usually about 3
or 4 overseas addresses so that cost is lower as well.

My mailing group sometimes has 10 or 12 people in it which
requires more postage but you’re dividing it by that many people
so the savings is still there.

We have found that unless you find a fabulous deal like 75%
off and free shipping, Walmart has the best prices and free shipping
with a fast turnaround. If you need help with your card, I’m happy to
help. I don’t photoshop or anything like that but if the process is
frustrating to you, I am happy to walk you through it or even make
your card for you.

If you live in Canada or across the pond, participating in a mailing
group really is a huge savings. Email me off list if you are interested.

Please post on the Drool or email me at dlindy at mac.com if you’ve
never done the cards before and want more information or want to be
a part of or do a card group  - for a lot of us, it’s a holiday tradition
and we can’t imagine not having this special gift of these cards. If
you're doing a card group this year and have room for some people,
please post your info.

If you do participate in a mailing group, you do need to get your
cards done and sent to whoever’s putting it together in a timely
manner.  Once the list comes out, postage can be figured and everyone
needs to make arrangements to pay their share.  Then just sit back and wait
for the cards to roll in and enjoy!

Email me or post if you have questions!

Donna, drool fueler for Maggie and YaYa