[Dailydrool] Walking two hounds

Kate Lawson clawson at cfl.rr.com
Tue Oct 15 15:32:16 PDT 2019

Over 20 years I have always walked two and for a few years three bassets. I use separate 16 ft retractable leashes so they are always taunt and can be quickly swapped/juggled around from hand to hand to prevent twisting/braiding and I can hold 2 and even 3 in one hand if necessary while retrieving poops. I use the 110 lb leashes and have never had a problem with reliability. Often I end up in the clothesline position with their different speeds and it can become a full body exercise to drag Hank off the acorns which he will eat forever, but it is all good. Actually I suspect I would be bored handling only one leash. A basset walk a day keeps the blues away.

Kate Lawson, Daisy & Hank