[Dailydrool] Drool, please

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 20:09:21 PDT 2019

We had a horrible night last night because Dexter was very uncomfortable
and started pacing and barking. He had a UTI that wasn't quite kicked to
the curb with antibiotics, as we think. So I took him to the vet's today
and ended up OKing an ultrasound so they could find out just what's going
on.

The results were a bit less than clear to the doc who did the test. There
was something going on in the area where the tubes that come down from the
kidney meet the ureter. After the vet terrified me with the possibility of
cancer, she admitted that it could be infection and inflammation. So I am
asking for drool and prayers that that's all that is going on.

They charged me for a reading by a radiologist, so I may get better
information in a few days. But if it is cancer, things do not look good,
since the can't really cut much out in that area because there's simply not
much to work with.

I am just hoping it's infection that can be helped out by this second round
of antibiotics. The medications they gave me have made him much more
comfortable, though very dopey. I will talk to the doc tomorrow, and I hope
I will be able to get a better picture then. But meantime I thought I'd get
the drool flowing.
Pam, food slave and nurse to the Dashing Butassets