[Dailydrool] Dear Hettie

Menzie Chase menziechase at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 13:15:58 PDT 2020

I had the best basset ever, years ago, named Hector. He loved me so much.
He took care of me when I was sick, and he would cry if he couldn’t see me.
But once, at a basset picnic, he got a fried chicken bone out of the trash,
and when I went to take it away from him, he BIT me!

He immediately looked horrified, and slunk on his belly. But he still
wouldn’t give up the bone and swallowed it!  Luckily, I was fine, and he
didn’t get sick from the bone.

He was 4 that year. I had him til he died at age 11, and I still miss him.
So I’m sure the Womun will forgive you.
Love,
Menzie.
--