[Dailydrool] Horton hears traffic

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 08:36:56 PDT 2020

Bev:
Thanks for your response. I am going to try your idea of having Horton
TheVery Fearful sit at the corner. I hope it works. And I just happen to
have some lavender oil on hand, so I will try that too.

I wish I had a quieter area in which to walk him. In the other direction we
have the really busy main drag that he's absolutely refused to walk
on, though he trotted along it without difficulty a few weeks ago on the
way home from our more usual walk. (Drew likes to go that way, so we only
went there when Drew was with us on weekends.) Our usual route actually is
the quieter path that he used to take without trouble, when his brother
went with us; after Dex died, he started out walking with me without
difficulty, but in the past week or two he's decided he simply won't go
the couple of blocks on that street that he'd previously done without
objecting to anything.

To get something quieter, I will have to put him in the car and take him
elsewhere. I have been wracking my brains to think of a place I could take
him where there will be less traffic. We are actually on one of the quieter
streets in our town, but we are jammed between two streets that pretty much
cross the town. Though there is less traffic because of the coronavirus, I
think people are frustrated by not getting out enough and are taking out
their aggression by using extra speed along a straight road that used to be
a bit quieter.
Thanks,
Pam