[Dailydrool] Biting

Val vastrand at comcast.net
Fri Jan 17 15:55:59 PST 2020

Paisley here,

Love you too Chomper. I learned long ago to never, never growl or try to
bite my momperson. She is very good to me and my notabasset sister
Maggie and would never hit or hurt us. I did learn however that when she
says no, she means it. When I first came to live here I growled and
snapped one night when she woke me on the bed to make me move. All that
got me was pushed off the bed. I got back, she pushed me off again. This
went on 3 or 4 times and then she made me leave the bedroom and shut the
door. I was devastated. I cried, I scratched and I barked to no avail. I
was not allowed entry. Believe it or not I had to sleep alone in one of
the other bedrooms. Well since that night I have never messed with her
again. Now I meekly move when mom comes to bed, so I guess I showed her.
Maggie on the other hand is a shark. She doesn't bite, but she is a
little to enthused when getting treats and can grab. Now I don't get it,
because if mom says no sharking she gently takes the treat. I have never
been anything less than perfect with taking treats. Why you can even
take stuff I shouldn't have out of my mouth. So I guess I do have some
manners.

vastrand at comcast.net