[Dailydrool] Dog crates and dens

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 11:01:41 PDT 2020

I have to agree with Bev. When used correctly, crates can become a favorite
place for our dogs. Mine much prefer to take their morning and afternoon
naps there. They also sleep in them at night. This is what they prefer.
They feel nice and safe in them. Well, we had a bit of a set back after
Bugsey threw up on Browyn two days in a row, but we will get there
eventually. Poor Bugsey. This vomiting thing is proving quite difficult to
fix. And, no one likes to be thrown up on, much less when sound asleep.
Bugsey does no retching. He is laying there and the next thing you know he
opens his mouth and the flood gates open. It is very frustrating. I try
really hard to try to remember to put myself in his shoes before responding.

Back to crates, they are nice and safe. Now that everyone is old enough not
to try to consume the contents, they have nice orthopedic pads and
blankets. Who wouldn't like that? Obviously barring any dog who has been
subjected to incorrect use of a crate.

Jennifer with Beauford (my crate is the only place I don't have to worry
about Browyn the Tigger jumping on me!), Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy
Princess