[Dailydrool] NICK'S ADVENTURS - Riding Shotgun to Ashland

sandi at redbaybassets.com sandi at redbaybassets.com
Mon Jun 1 14:16:28 PDT 2020

Hi Everybody -- Nick Here!

Today was truly an adventure.  Granny Pat came over this morning and we left
in her van to go to the dog show in Ashland Ohio.  In mom's van I always
ride in a bottom crate.  Today, they put me in a top crate, right behind
Granny Pat.  My goodness ... it was HIGH up there ... I thought I was going
to get a nosebleed ... and that is just the beginning of it!

We left my house and in a very few minutes, Granny Pat and mom were
grumbling about traffic tie ups.  It took us forever ... about 97 hours ....
to even get out of town.   Then we had a detour because someone broke the
road.  Well by now, Granny Pat and  mom were worried about not getting to
the show on time.  I told them that they would  wait for me ... but they
said "No, Nick, they won't wait for anyone".  Then the strangest  thing
happened.  Granny Pat turned into Barney Oldfield.  She turned on this funny
thing  that beeps whenever someone points a radar gun (GUNS ARE SCARY!) at
you, mom said.  Then she started driving really fast ... about 90000 miles
per minute .... well actually the speed thing said 90 ... that is still
fast.  The road signs only said 55.  Trucks were pulling off the road, dust
was flying everywhere, little old ladies in 1957 Chevys were going in
ditches, birds were flapping around us and bugs were splattering our
windshield!  But we got there on time ... just barely!!!  We whipped into
the fairgrounds and she slammed on the brakes ... I almost got whiplash.
Before we were even stopped, mom had my crate open and I was being propelled
into a building.  WOW!  It was close.  Actually, I had time for a quick
potty stop and a very quick nap, while they were taking somebody's picture.

Then I went in the funny square again and got lots of ribbons.  Mom said I
was good cause I  got two more points.  Now I can have my ladybug and fish
pinwheels!!!! YAY!

The ride home was much quieter ... Granny Pat drove like a sane person and
mom didn't bite her  fingernails.   But if you see a blue GMC van or a white
Ford van coming up behind you REAL FAST,  I would get out of the way ... you
never know ... it  might be us on the way to a dog show!

Slurps,

Nick