[Dailydrool] Dear Merta Lou

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 22 19:49:51 PDT 2020

aloha, Merta Lou, this is Mariah.  You are welcome to move here, BUT. there are certain admission requirements. Most importantly, you must acknowledge that I am head dog. (mom is leader of the pack, with Dad a second, and I bow to their authority, BUT—I am head dog.  There is probably room on the big bed for another basset, even though Mom sleeps in a a modified contortionist pretzel shape as is to accommodate  three moderately sized dogs. (We divide the bed in quarters and her legs do whatever they do—they are much too long in any case. Humans!).But everydog must pay homage,to me before allowed onto the bed. Other than that, I actually am very tolerant, although I will beat up any dog that enters my yard if I don’t already know and approve of them. I know you by Internet so I will not beat you up. Promise. so, come ahead. Attention is,doled out withmscrupullus,attention to fairness. Biscuit for one, biscuits for all. Cuddles for one, cuddles for all. all in all, it is a,pretty good place,to live though I wish we had more outings to interesting places. We haven’t been to the beach,since forever, due to this Covid thing, and home can get pretty,boring, even in a,lovely tropical setting.  Mariah