[Dailydrool] this and that

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 24 13:05:44 PDT 2020

Hi all, it's Dale,
things here at Casa Rutz are going as well as can be expected in the middle of a pandemic.  My daughters colleges are both fully virtual classes now (one living at home, other still staying in her college town).  When the dogs and I venture out it's a whole procedure to try to avoid coming within 6 feet of all the other people who are out walking (because everything is closed).  it's odd.  We are getting used to the new normal.
I work for PlayStation who has said people should work from home at least until September, but for many of us it may be permanent.  The dogs are thrilled.  Chomper though is becoming every more of a velcro dog then he already was .... yesterday I left for a bit and he apparently sobbed at the window for quite some time.
Snoopy will turn 15 on Saturday and he is doing amazingly well.  Long time droolers will remember how many times this dog has been on his last legs (literally) and made a dramatic recovery.  so many people have slung drool for Snoopy over the years, from down in the back to pancreatitis to lumps and bumps to loss of siblings to I can't remember what all else but he's a miracle dog.  15 on Saturday.
Chomper is doing ok, he hasn't been eating with gusto and I'm thinking there's a sore tooth in there, gotta get him in for a cleaning.  He went for a 3 1/2 mile walk on Saturday and then came up lame on Sunday and wouldn't put weight on the left rear foot but he's been on rimadyl and rest since then and he is walking fine today.  he sure loves Samantha, they both do.
Samantha Jane is a princess.  She is just sweet and charming and beautiful, both of the boys love her, heck EVERYONE loves Samantha Jane.  She's quite the counter cruiser with those long legs.  She's a Treeing Walker Coon Hound and just the sweetest basset impersonator I've ever met (the shelter fibbed to get her pulled and we played along).  Sadly Samantha had a kiwi sized mass removed which was skin cancer the first week in February, and 2 more wart sized growths erupted in an adjacent location and were removed in April.  Now I am seeing a pea sized growth where the initial mass was removed.  Surgery is scheduled a week from Friday.  I hope (and pray) this will be the last of it, but, I've heard that these things can (and do) keep popping up.  I've been told as long as we stay on top of it and get them off it shouldn't be dangerous.  Does anyone have any experience with this?
thanks and drool to all in need.
Dale - aka the clueless momPerson with Snoopy who is nearly 15, half blind from glacoma, mostly deaf from old age, walks like a drunken sailor from spinal issues and happy and playful because he thinks it's all goodChomper who is incredibly sweet and cuddly, really really cute, and incredibly fearful of men Samantha Jane who loves everyone and is all that .... and knows it too