[Dailydrool] You may have rounded the bend if.....

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 26 23:59:53 PDT 2020

Mariah here.  My mom has gone around the bend. she’s been in the basset rescue business for a while. But now she seems to have crossed over into “rescuing” old stuffed animals resembling basset hounds (sort of). She frequents thrift stores as she does craft projects which she then donates to raise funds for various rescues. She does “dog Christmas trees” made out of beanie babies, greenery, and ornaments, for example. The last time she was at Goodwill, she saw a worn out old hound like plush (worn off)  dog that was not suitable for any of her projects—too beat. she debated getting it anyway but convinced herself to be sensible. ($1.50), So she said no. then she went home and actually found herself worrying about the worn out old plush dog, that it would never be purchased and might be thrown away, and was not even  good enough  for a fundraiser, and oh my goodness how abandoned and sad it must feel, and she got tears and anxious, and so what did she do? the next day she was back at the thrift store, relieved to see it still there (really?), paid for it and brought it home. Said dog is on the futon in her sewing room now and  “belongs” to our family.  Although it could use more stuffing and more soft fur,I actually am enjoying sleeping cuddled up on top of it, using it as a pillow. this dog has seen love in its better days and now is loved again. Just like so many other living rescues. What shall we name it? Mariah