[Dailydrool] Mariah checking in

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 17 15:29:15 PDT 2020

Aloha all.  this is Mariah, checking in.
speaking of pee...you are right, Julie, definitely a topic of interest to us bassets.  Last Saturday Mom came home from her weekly volunteer stint (at the all dog breed no kill rescue dog adoption event) smelling divine.  I was shocked that she stripped off every bit of her clothing and dumped everything in the washing machine, even her sneakers, and then stepped naked into the nearest shower.  why?, II asked.  for once she smelled really good instead of like a human!
apparently at PETCO, she was sitting, holding a puppy in her lap while it got a vaccination.  the puppy peed about a gallon on mom’s lap.  But that wasn’t the coup de grace.  One,of the to be adopted dog guests that day, a big greyhound mix, is known to mark on everything.  witnessing mom’s first Christening, he felt it only appropriate to add to her perfume, so lickers split he dashed over, raised his leg and drenched her legs, socks, shoes, and pocketbook with his own special ear de “toilet”.  what did mom do?  smiled at everyone and completed her shift without moving.  when she got home she had ripened to a magnificent odor.  I can’t imagine why she washed it all off.  Humans have such poor taste in smells.