[Dailydrool] Nick's Adventures - Lead Breaking

sandi at redbaybassets.com sandi at redbaybassets.com
Thu Mar 26 10:27:29 PDT 2020

Hi Everybody - Nick Here!

All this time I thought my Mom loved me but now I am not so sure.  Today Mom
put this thing around my neck and hooked another matching thing to it . it
felt like a 109977287 pound rope.  She said we were going for a walk around
the driveway and I was going to get my first lesson in lead breaking.  WOW .
I think she meant NECK breaking because that is what it felt like.  Every
time I wanted to go a different way than Mom or when I wanted to sniff the
driveway, she tried to break my neck.  REALLY!!!!   When I went the way Mom
went and looked at her, she would give me treats . now I liked that part.

Then Mom tried to teach me something called "stacking".  I thought at first
she was going to put all the big dogs on top of me and I got scared.  But it
wasn't that at all . she just wanted me to stand really still . with my back
legs all stretched out!  Sounds easy but it isn't.  I can only stay still
about 2.5 nano-seconds.  Mom says I have the attention span of a small gnat.
I told her that it isn't nice to make fun of small puppies! Granny Pat had
my cousin Daisy try to show me how to "stack". I think it is easier for
girls!

We  worked for a loooooonnnngggg time . about 143 hours I think.  Finally,
Mom said I deserved a nap so we came inside.  I hope there is no more
"breaking" of any kind in store for me . I don't want to be broken!

Slurps,

Nick