[Dailydrool] treeing walkers

LOIS LEMA lemalois at verizon.net
Thu Mar 26 13:30:05 PDT 2020

dear snoopy,
my miss sally was 1/2 treeing walker and 1/2 basset.she was a sweet girl but as dumb as the very dirt she stood on!  I loved her dearly but it was like up until the day she passed she never knew her name..it was always a surprise for her!  when I would drop her off at day care, upon retrieval, she would look at me with a face that screamed "stranger danger!!!!!"  she came to me at 6 months so it wasn't as tho she didn't recall me and lived to 8 yrs!
sally could see things that only she could...no other dogs ever joined in with her little visions.  one time a friend and I took her to see if she would be good at a field trial.  she was our hope since her "brother" buster, thought nature was the curse of death (he from NYC) .  she got inside, spotted a butterfly and off she went, not to be seen again.  buster, he of the heart murmur heard across the room wheezed his way around chasing after scents,  go figure!
I loved sally!  such a sweetheart.  but even the vet said when examining  her ears she could see straight thru to the other side!
my point..treeing walkers are great dogs...hopefully yours is blessed with a brain!
loismom to dexter