[Dailydrool] Katie

Sabrina Nicholls brii at sprynet.com
Thu Mar 26 16:28:30 PDT 2020

Yesterday was my granddaughter Willow's eighth birthday. There was no
party because everyone's staying indoors. (I watched her open presents
via FaceTime.) But her Mom planned a surprise. They went outside at
2:00, and a caravan of Moms drove past the house honking, with Willow's
friends holding up Happy Birthday Willow signs and singing happy
birthday. Willow was excited and thrilled. I was looking forward to
watching the video my daughter made. At dinner time, I sat down on the
couch with Katie and put my meal on the table in front of me. While I
was engrossed in the video, Katie took a big bite out of my dinner.

I'm in California, and this is my second week staying in. Of course
Gumbo and Katie get their walk, but there's still plenty of time to
fill. I've been experimenting with recipes. I found a dog biscuit recipe
on line that uses chicken, cheese, and leftover brown rice. It was a big
hit.

Sabrina, Gumbo, and Katie