[Dailydrool] Nick's Adventures - The Basset Bash

sandi at redbaybassets.com sandi at redbaybassets.com
Thu Mar 26 14:35:06 PDT 2020

Hi Everybody - Nick Here!

Boy, did I have a busy day today!  Mom and Granny Pat had a BIG basset party
. they called it the Red Bay Basset Bash!  This is the way it started.  Dad,
Mom and Granny Pat got up VERY early in the morning and started setting up
45 million little fences.   Then they got ALL the lawn furniture out, our
dog show chairs, all the grooming tables out, two VERY long tables, and 10
trillion chairs!   They made 87 gallons of lemonade and 92 dozen cookies.
They put pretty presents on the tables and then it happened!!

Cars, vans, even a TV truck started pulling into our driveway.  We had 83
bazillion basset buddies here!  Anyway, we had this huge picnic and lots of
people came and lots of bassets came.  The people all sat around and ate
.they didn't share very much.  All the bassets got lots of tummy rubs.  Then
the REAL fun began . we started to play basset games!  We had a
Carry-the-Bone relay and I did better than anyone else at that.  We also had
a cookie treasure hunt . I ate a lot of my cookies!  Then we had a basset
limbo contest . my sisters and another puppy named Sadie won that contest
'cause they are still little!  Oh --- I almost forgot --- we had basset
slalom run.  That was really hard because we had to be really good on a
leash for that.

The nice people from Channel 11 WTOL TV came and two of the newscasters came
to our picnic with their basset Stanley.  My sister Fancy and I even were on
the 6:00 PM news! Great-aunt Teri was really jealous

because we were on TV and she wasn't. We had lots of fun!

Slurps,

Nick, the TV Star