[Dailydrool] Dog Treat Recipes

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 05:32:58 PDT 2020

I must confess that I pretty much consult Doggy Dessert Chef for my treat
recipes. I don't know if it is my climate is different from hers, or
because I often have to substitute ingredients due to allergies, but I
often have to add some more flour. She also tends to fall back on the old
350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes. If you do that, they will have to be
refrigerated and will still not last long. I like to batch cook and bake.
When I get on a roll, I do a lot. So, I bake as suggested. Then I lower the
temp of the oven to 250, and bake another 45 minutes to an hour. Then I put
them in quart freezer bags marked with the contents and the date. I dump
them in the freezer. When I need a bag, I take it out and leave it on the
counter until it is gone. Keep in mind I have 3 bassets.

I line the cookie sheets with parchment paper. If they are not drop
cookies, I roll the dough out directly on the cookie sheet and cut to size
with a  pizza slicer. It makes it much faster! I have a small scooper I use
for drop cookies. I have a nice flat bottomed glass if they need to be
flattened after dropped.

The website is: doggydessertchef.com

Definitely search the archives for recipes!

If you need help adjusting a recipe because of allergies, feel free to
email me: timandjenmartin at gmail.com.

Unfortunately, I have just over 30 years experience adapting recipes for a
variety of food allergies.

I also have a recipe for cleaning out the freezer. Email me if you want
that as well. You will need a dehydrator for it.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess