[Dailydrool] Martin household

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri May 15 17:03:17 PDT 2020

This is Mariah.  we in Hawaii are sending buckets of drool to the Martin house(old.  wow, guys, wishing for everybody to get better soon.  Sounds really really difficult chez vous.  Sending cyber hugs.
We are all doing okay here, though it is really weird having everybody home all the time.  us dogs do not enjoy “having to be quiet” while the dad person tAlks to people on his computer, but our mom bribes us with treats, so it is not a total loss.  I suspect dogs and humans both have gotten “fluffier” duRing these lockdown months—are we really looking at month three?  our governor is suggesting the end,of June might,come before any outsiders are again welcomed where we live.  I don’t think legally the state can keep people out, but it can require them to stay holed up in a hotel room with room service only for a 14 day quarantine after they arrive, and the state is doing so, so it is,kind of expensive for tourists to visit since they can’t do much of anything except sit in their hotel rooms until week three and even then, once they are free,  most attractions except the ocean are closed. They get arrested and/or fined $5000 if they break the rules, and they don’t like that one bit.  (It is okay to swim or surf in the water but not to sit on the beach—one is supposed to dash across the beach, swim, and then dash back across the beach and then leave, even for locals, so it is that much more stressful for tourists who have already been,on house arrest for two weeks.  and the local officers seem to be getting a big kick out of arresting folks who sit down on the beach instead of jogging over it.  sigh. The beaches are “closed” (except for dashing across into the water) as are parks, so my dog sisters and I have had to settle for walks in our neighborhhood or along the highway.  Okay, really, but we do miss our beach walks.
 Mom says we should be thankful as we are all well, have shelter, food, and love, unlike many others.  she cautions us not to be entitled or spoiled. sounds “mom-ish” doesn’t’ it?  Moms.  What can I say?
wishing everyone peace, treats, good health, love, and patience.  We shall endure. BAssets rule.  Mariah of Hawaii (with sisters Mila and notabasset IPo and humans Val and Bill)