[Dailydrool] Memorial Weekend I won't Forget

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 08:33:47 PDT 2020

>From the Desk
This is Merta Lou, professional Lady Basset, Intrepid Reporter, Brave
beyond Belief

Well THIS was a day I won't forget soon, let me tell you!
So SHE decides since it is supposed to be summer this afternoon that it is
time for what some of you so blithely call a "spa" day. I am assuming that
is sarcasm of the first order. First she carries everything outside and
because Mr Doc and I aren't sure what she is up to, we are very excited.
The possibilities include PICNIC with Frankfurters and cookies!!! Then
finally she hauls out the Grooming table and Mr Doc he goes instantly to
one of his dark hidey holes but there I am and she grabs me and forces me
onto this table which, I want you to know, probably only has 3 legs or
something because I was sure it was going to fall over with me tied to that
stupid, stupid arm and she brushed me until I bled--- well...ok not
really,,,,but almost and then-- oh you won't believe this!-- and then she
took the table (I got down) over into the grass and got me on it again and
TURNED ON THE HOSE!!!! Now I ask you--and how cold was it? Ice. I turned to
ice. I did. I couldn't move and here is the icing on the cake(no there was
no cake, trust me) she got out this big orange thing with a long black nose
on it, and it made the most godawful noise it was TERRIFYING altho I kind
of remember it from long ago....and so I raised such a fuss that she turned
around to set it down and I FLEW off that table quick as anything I am so
quick when I want to be but WHOOPSIE I am still tied to the arm and am
choking to death I mean truly, hanging by my beyootiful little neck
thrashing around and I guess.... I guess SHE saved my life by whipping the
leash loose (turns out she has one brain and knew to use a knot that she
could pull loose with one jerk) So I got to skip the monster thing which
she used on Mr Doc and HE DIDNT CARE!! wow he is sooo brave. I am brave
too, I risked my life to keep from being devoured by the dryer-monster.

Wishing everyone a safe weekend. Don't use any dryer monsters.
Love and Cuddles
Merta Lou