[Dailydrool] From the desk

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 07:07:04 PST 2020

Special Investigator Merta Lou Reporting
that the MomPerson has probably lost her mind (again--it seems to be an
ongoing problem).
We have these little fuzzy animals that come to board over the winter. They
are mice. Apparently our house is the mouse equivalent of a cabin at the
beach. Every winter they move from the sheds where they live during the
summer, into our warmer house.
Now MomPerson says they are ok outside but they poop on her counter (I am
trying to imagine what she would do to us if we did that....) (Maybe the
next time we are in trouble, we should point out that we don't do that..and
suggest that she should be grateful we are who we are.)
But anyway she traps them and kills them. But she thinks that she can get
us to do that and save buying a kitty. She says I would eat a kitten. I
don't think so but you never know...
So she gets one in a trap (A mouse, not a kitten) and she calls Doc and
shows him the mouse (it is in a little plastic bag) and shakes it and says
"Get it! Get it! Get it!" to Doc who is too polite to say what we are both
thinking which is what on earth is the MATTER with you???
And she does it again only this time she opens the baggie and sticks it
under Doc's nose.
And he is coughing and sneezing and his eyes water and he says "What IS the
matter with you? That thing stinks! Get it away from me!" (and to me he
says later, what would I do with a dead mouse? and I have to admit,we
wouldn't want it.
So that's what's happening around here. MomP is chasing Doc with a dead
mouse while I check the counters for forgotten cheese and peanie budder.

Love & Cuddles
Merta Lou Explorer and Financier  (more on that later.)