[Dailydrool] Miss those walks

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 14:17:55 PDT 2020

Oh, Snoopy to hear that you are still rocking and bossing the crew just made my day.  Not too long ago we took our 4 hounds for twice daily walks around the Christmas Tree Farm where we lived for 13 months while our house was built. In those days we would have to warn the turkeys that the Hounds were coming and be on the look out for skunks and porcupines.  The pile of horse manure was a big favorite - resulting in the wearing of “face covers” aka muzzles to stop the ingestion of stinky stuff.  Baby bunnies were always in danger from MacKenzie, with her nose in every tree.  Watching 4 Basset butts running down the hill of trees and with us running after them was great exercise.  Gallagher is now 12 and prefers to wander his acreage here, followed by a nice snooze in the sun by the blue spruce.  Mulligan is happy finding terrible things to play with in the yard and chipmunks.  Guinness, paralyzed, periodically decides to drag his butt out the dog door and down the ramp.  MacKenzie made her way to the bridge a few months ago.  Guinness has his wheels, but tires quickly.  He definitely prefers his “carriage”. It’s been a year and a half since he last walked.  I think it’s time that we take them to the tree farm for a visit.

Sent from my iPad