[Dailydrool] Is it his time?

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 19:30:13 PST 2021

Oh Julie! Your note about Guinness is just so sad. Our Shadow had disc
surgery six years ago. She also has severe IVDD but they fenestrated the
discs they could get to and she recovered well. She can't walk as far as
she once could but at least she is still on all fours at 14 years old.
You're faced with the horrible decision that we've all had to make and it's
never easy. We made a promise to all our beloved hounds that, when it's
time, we'll give them peace. We have the philosophy that, when the bad days
outnumber the good days, it's time. I would rather let them go a day too
soon than a day too late. We have experienced the day too late and it's
hard to live with knowing we let one of our precious hounds suffer
unnecessarily. If you have a good relationship with your vet, talk to them
and see what they recommend. Honestly, if you are thinking that it's time
for Guinness to move on to his next great adventure, then it probably is
time. I'm truly sorry for your heartbreak. Any decision you make will be
the right one because you will make it out of love for Guinness. Wishing
you peace as you walk this most difficult path.

Jane, Toby & the Houndettes
Shadow & Suzy