[Dailydrool] Joined

Marty Needham martyd70 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 14:29:22 PST 2022

Mike and I joined the drool in late 2005.We had gotten Jeffery on Memorial
day that year.I didn't know about Petland buying from puppy mills(I know
better now) but sure am glad we got him.They had him priced at 1200.00.We
kept going back to see him,loved him even though we couldn't afford
him.Anyway the last time we went he was marked down to 200.00 with a crate
food,first vet visit,tons of pet coupons.He was the best dog,red and
white,such a goof,a mama's boy.That fall we adopted Trudy from BBR,she was
the same age as Jeff,birthdays were only 2 days apart.Trud was a tri-color
with huge,wide ears,she was fast as the wind.They were a trip to say the
least,we also at the time had a english cocker spaniel and american cocker
spaniel.

The following spring we started to foster for BBR,had over 70 bassets
coming through our house in under 3 years,in fact at one time we had our 4
dogs and 8 fosters at one time,our house was only 950 square feet,and we
loved every minute.

They have all gone to the bridge of course,but Jeffery was 13 when he
passed and Trudy was a day short of 15.Jeff was 4 months old when we got
him and Trudy was 8 months when she came home.
Miss them all.When we moved to the UP of Michigan we had 4 bassets,2
cockers and 5 cats,all but one cat have passed and she is 16.
We have filled the house again with a husky mix named Joyful,a shepherd mix
named Fredrick Ralph,a basset-dachshund with bright blue eyes named
Sunshine and our recent guy is a 8 year old basset named Isaac.
It is good to see people taking interest in the drool again.

Marty and Mike now of the UP