[Dailydrool] Joined the Drool

Nancy Kay nancykay9 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 10:57:26 PST 2022

Such a fun thread!

I joined the DD in 1992. We had just lost a 14-month-old (that's not a
typo) basset hound puppy to some mysterious neurological problem. Cleo was
fine, and then within a week, she couldn't move. The vet thought it was
likely a brain-tumor, or some other terrible thing resulting from her Amish
puppy mill background, before we knew better.

1992 was when I discovered the Internet. A friend at work told me about
this cool thing that you could connect your computer to over your phone
line, and that would give you access to all kinds of interesting things and
people. I did a Netscape search for "basset hound", and the rest is
history, as they say. I joined both the Daily Drool and the basset-l, and
posted about our loss of Cleo, and said that we were basset-less at the
time. Harry Chipman (basset-l, I think) read my post, and said that's
ridiculous, and he gave me the name of a breeder local to our area. She had
a young female basset who had not panned out in the show ring, so we went
and got our Sweet Sarah.

The Drool introduced us to many wonderful bassets and people, both
virtually and personally. It has been a great source of information and
entertainment, and it has had a big influence on our lives!

Nancy Kay, central Virginia
... owned over the years by Sarah, Frank the Tank, Tina, and now Charlie
and Paige