[Dailydrool] Fireworks again

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 19:23:37 PST 2022

the residents of my state (Hawaii) LOVE fireworks. technically, fireworks can only be set off legally  on July 4, New Year’s eve, and Chinese New Year during specified evening hours. but, tradition is strong and laws are not enforced so fireworks pretty much go off randomly all year long. I have just retreated into our “safe room” with the hounds at their insistence as celebratory loud booming has begun. the “safe room” is my bedroom on my bed with the three of them squeezed up against me. I am guessing today’s occasion is the Super Bowl. it is about 5:30 PM now. I hope the fireworks don’t go on all night as it is impossible to do anything but snuggle hounds when there are fireworks sounding off outside.
though, to be honest, snuggling hounds is a more appealing task than all the others I had planned to accomplish anyway (cooking, washing up, folding laundry, etc, etc.) So boom on.