[Dailydrool] This and that

K. Green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 08:40:39 PST 2022

I sure wish I was retired, but alas we decided to have kids, lol, and those
little rascals cost a pretty penny. But yes, Ann, you are correct. About 7
years ago we left the hustle and bustle of the SF Bay Area to move 5 hours
north to rural Humboldt County. We are in far northern California, almost
to the Oregon border. We are on the coast and also surrounded by the most
magnificent redwood trees, so it's quite an amazing place to live and to
adventure with dog and child. At the time of our move, I took a paycut and
what seemed like an easier job with no commute, but over time I took on
more responsibility and soon was working 60 hours a week managing more than
one person should need to. So in December I hit my max and started looking
elsewhere. I'd been a government employee for 13 years, so it was a tough
decision but I accepted a job in the private sector at a local brewery
doing their safety and compliance. So far, I'm still adjusting, but it's
certainly less stressful than the last gig and I'm out the door on time
every day with all the free beer we could want.

I'll try to get some of the pet honesty shampoo. The medicated wipes the
vet sold us have chlorhexidine and my next project is to try to make my own
because I have a gallon of chlorhexidine and it cost me about the same as
20 little wipes. Also thanks for the heads up about the rebates on Apoquel.
I wasn't aware of that, so if we do end up putting Buford on it, that will
certainly help to ease the impact of the medication cost.

Good luck with the housetraining. We recently put in laminate floors in our
laundry room/playroom because Buford ruined the carpet. We were so annoyed,
but we sure do like the new floors in that room and now we want to do the
rest of the house.

Kacy with Buford