[Dailydrool] This and That

Pamela Watkins pam10447 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 12:48:07 PDT 2008

I had to take Henry to the vet this morning.  He has had a bump on his
earflap (inside) for the last three weeks.  He was in the vet (three weeks
ago)  when we noticed it and she was hoping that the antibiotic she put him
on for another problem would take care of it.  The bump has gotten bigger
so, off we went this morning.   Thanks to Kacy and Rupert, when she said she
thought it was a histiocytoma, I knew what she was talking about and didn't
panic.  Vetperson wanted to take an aspiration and send it out to the lab
but, after 3 tries it wasn't going to happen.  Henry, who is great at the
vet, would yelp in pain and jerk so, all she was getting was blood.  We are
going to watch it for the next week or so and if it gets any bigger or
nastier, I am to take him back.  One thing that was strange is that Henry is
almost two and up until 3 weeks ago had never had his anal glands
expressed.  I told the vet this morning that he was back to chewing around
his tail again so, she had the techs express them again and they said that
they were full - in only 3 weeks.  I do give Henry pumpkin with his dinner
every night so, I didn't think they would fill up so fast.
Henry is sending get well soon drool to Luke and all the sick furbuds.
Special comforting drool to Fonda's family.  We will light a candle tonight
to help her on her journey.
Pam and Henry