[Dailydrool] steves post about WYatt

Bob cowbobdog at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 09:03:42 PDT 2008

Steve we are very sorry that Wyatt went to the bridge..I am sure Benny met
with him to show him the ropes cause they would be instant friends having
the Osteosarcoma..and because Wyatt looked a lot like Bob.  Ive attached
your original post cause the rich text ghomes made it an attachment and so
lots of droolers might have missed it and it is to important of a message to
be missed and everyone has to check out the kewl video on Utube...

<<<<<<Wyatt made the trip to Rainbow Bridge on Monday 9/15/08 at 1:25pm
Wyatt had Osteosarcoma, and a spleen tumor; Diagnosed on 6/15/08, but
had signs before that(limping and weight loss)
On Sunday, he was hesitant to eat sausage and turned down bacon. On
the same day, he apparently tore the ankle
ligements on his good leg.. one of them anyway.  I spent the
night in the floor with him Sunday night,
and stayed home Monday; On Monday morning, his foot swelled upand
walking was difficult.....
if he walked at all; I took him to his favorite trail/walk and pulled
him in his cart. I tried to feed him
steak, but he only ate a couple bites; He seemed to only get excited
for Milk and chocolate chip cookie dough..
and you know what? Why not?
He had less than an hour left to live, let him eat what he wants!I
even sent my sister to get an extra gallon of milk as we were out.
I help him on my lap on the sofa for a long time, but before the vet
got there, he got down on his own..
sea lion style, and just laid there. He showed excitment at meeting
the vet, but he was in obvious pain.

Wyatt went in his daddy's arms... while I talked gently in his ears...

The vet said that at most, he may have gone 1-2 days too late.. but he
had watched football with my and my buddies every sunday in season for
11 years(this would have been 12). This was the first week they were
coming by, and they needed to say goodbye.
They both broke down in tears... and I think Wyatt needed to say
goodbye to them.In my opinion, I think
he went about 3 hours too late.. and I'd rather go 3 hours to late
than 3 weeks too early!
I took tuesday and wednesday off... I went out of town to see a
friend, and took his sister, Clover with me.
 She's struggling. Her entire life has revolved around bossing him
around... 11 years.. and now she doesn't
know what to do with herself. She's 3 months older than Wyatt, but we
do not share the same connection as Wyatt
 and myself... that was special. Clover has been joining me on
errands.. if I'm going for a short stop to the
store, to pick up my son, etc.. I take her with me. She needs the
attention, and do I. I'm looking at finding
her a rescue Basset sometime in the next few months.

This is a video I put on youtube. It's how I will remember him. I'll
do a more complete tribute later.
This was taken in December 2003 when he was 6.5 years old.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD-DHJRJBD0

You will be missed, but will love on forever in my heart!>>>>>>>