[Dailydrool] advenshures

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 10:53:15 PDT 2009

Dis Nigel an Llewis an boy we juss hed a vesnhshure in da middel ob da day!
MomPerson still huffin an say her Beep bout three hunnert ober three hunnert
whaddebber dat meen. An it allllll dat liddel biddy Conley's fawlt!
See hear whut happent.
Da sun come out.
MomPerson look ousside see da sun an kick we outta da hawse(so mebbe it she
fawlt). Ebberbody ebben liddel Mr. Teef. He go bouncin roun da yard
like---who dat like you say, Llewis? Somewon nemed TIGGER. (Llewis red dis
neme inna book about a bare.) So da liddel won he boinging roun like da
pingerpnger ball when he git to da beke ob da yard by da trees an stopt an
beke up an start da barkin or whut he fink are barking. YARKYARKYARK. An he
keep it up.
So finely Mr.Cooper Sir he wanner ober an he get all scited an start barkin
reel meen an tryina git Conley move beke. So den we all run ober barkin an
sees dis liddel biddy FING onna groun all skeert wif it hair all uppity an
it hisssssin but it like Conley too liddel to be skeery, so Conley he go
closer an Mr.Cooper Sir he neerly hab a hart failyure ettack an he get in
fronta Conley reely barkin meen at he an Conley beke away an MomPerson comin
now runnin (she nose we "got sumfin")
And den we seen IT.
Den we see why Mr. Cooper Sir been so crazie.
Comin down da tree full speedo ahed come a GREAT BIG verzhun ob da liddel
fing, an dis won reely mad!! Dis a biggie, an it all hopt up wif fur
astandin and hisses an weeard noisies ggrrrrrs an a kinder chitter an Cooper
goin nutso an now MomPerson she grabt a big stik an yellin at we git away
git away back back git away LEEB IT LEEB IT LEEBIT!!! And she soun reel
seriyus so Nigel an Llewis we not dum we bekes away an Conley gits grabt by
da scruff an wisked outta dere an Cooper he beke way up and MomPerson meke
we all go inna hawse an den she go beke out.
We not nose whut she done. She tuk da shobel but she dint youse it. She stan
dere watchin from aways an wait and wait an den she come beke in, not let we
ousside agin for bout a hour.
We use we noses when we wented out but ebberone all gone.  It mystree to we.
MomPerson gone finish dis.

What they had found was a very young raccoon who had apparently been dropped
or fallen during a move. The trouble was, Mama was also right there, and she
would have shredded Conley AND the others in her defense of the baby. Once
the dogs were inside, she must have grabbed that kid and run like hell
because when I went back out there was no sign of her or the baby anywhere.
Thank heaven the dogs are noisey and so chicken. No one was in any real
danger except Conley and Cooper, who were too near, and Cooper was only
close because he was trying to get between Conley and the raccoon.Cooper
DOES KNOW what raccoons are, he has been firmly taught to leave them way
alone.
I suspect the Mama was a bit cowed by the presence of so many dogs, and my
approach. which was deliberately noisey, also stalled her.
I am so glad she got the baby before the boys did. I don't know if they
would have killed it, but I think they would have slobbered it to death.
(Actually, I think they would have killed it.)

MomPerson, who is tempted to crate everyone for the rest of their lives.