[Dailydrool] Marley and Me Book

anitra palato santanapants at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 09:39:02 PST 2009

Wanted to chime in on this post.
I have just finished reading the book over break.  I am not one to rush out
to movies, I can't sit for that long and will wait for the dvd.

I already  knew before even seeing this movie or reading the book that it
would be a tear jerker.  I knew that Marley would get old as all dogs do,
and his time would come at the end of the book/movie.  So I don't know how
it can be "ruined".  Just like
with old yeller and where the red fern grows...you know it is going to come.

The book however was very touching and I highly reccomend it.  It
teaches about life and changes that we go through whether they be good or
bad.
Its also about unconditional love which the owners of Marley had and gave
back to Marley as he gave it to them, plus passed it on to their children.

The book never mentions them putting Marley down to go to disney land nor I
think the movie
would do that.  People would be outraged if that was the case.  The
depression that Jenny suffered from what I gather from the book was very
bad.  They did mention that Marley was built like an ox and nothing ever
phased him when it came to pain, not that it would be right to beat on a dog
(hard or not hard to let out frustration)

I was amazed that Marley suffered and died because of bloat.  I think it was
good that was mentioned as many owners would not know what to do it they saw
this happen to their dog.  So that was educational in that piece.  I did not
know of bloat until Santana came into our lives 2 years ago and the DD
mentioning it.  I always have my eye on him now for this and feed him
accordingly (not that anyone really knows what causes bloat but I  take
precautions)

I would have thought Marley would have gotten sick because of something he
ate!  He ate all kinds of objects that I would be a nervous wreck  if
Santana ingested those things.  I am an
over protective mother though of my boy!

They did try with Marley and trying to correct this behaviors but with no
luck, but they  loved him anyway.  They could have easily just gave him up
but they did not.

This book made me laugh and cry outloud.

The movie is yet to be seen!

--
Anitra
Momma To

Check out Mr. Pants' woofsites!
Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/622568
OR
Myspace Page: http://www.myspace.com/santanadog

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a Basset Hound licking your face