[Dailydrool] storms

Teresa Maag MaagT at pg.noacsc.org
Fri May 28 06:50:01 PDT 2010

Bev,

I think I have Cooper's twin...Rowdy is an absolute mess during a storm.  He
pants and drools so much I think he is either going to stroke or die of
dehydration.  I have tried absolutely everything and nothing helps.  I too
agree that there isn't a piece of food out there he would eat during a
storm.  You could cook him his own steak and throw him a party and he will
not even give it a sniff.  He was in such a panic last night, and it was
just heat lighting, there wasn't even thunder.  He will just sit there and
watch for it.  I have to put him in another room so I can sleep otherwise
it's up all night with a panting drooling basset that you can't console.  He
would crawl into my skin if he could get in there.  Please let us know how
Cooper does with the thundershirt, cause if he does well, then I can hope
that Rowdy will do the same since they are identical in reaction.  I will
wait until the rescues get them so I can order from them.  He never used to
be scared, and I don't know why over the past 3 years he has become so
frightened.  I use Benedryl if I know it's coming ahead of time, but we get
pop up storms here in Ohio.

Teresa
Rowdy(I need a drink)
Deuce ( ZZZZ what storm?)
Yukon( I feel ya Rowdy...I had the same problem...atb forever in my heart)