[Dailydrool] Travel Coordinator Snoopy checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 14 14:50:28 PDT 2011

Hi all, travel coordinator Snoopy checking in.  I’m making arrangements for
Cyrus to travel to Hawaii to be Bo’s body guard and there are a few details I
need to work out.

1)       Sleeping arrangements.  Cyrus requires a California King Size pillow
top memory foam mattress.  He is willing to share with humans and bassets
provided they are snuggly and share the pillows nicely.

2)      Travel accommodations.  Cyrus does not have a crate and we are having
trouble identifying one big enough for him.  Does anybody have a baby elephant
crate we can borrow?

3)      Dog Park.  Cyrus needs to go to the dog park AT LEAST 3 times a week as
he is a fetchaholic.  MomPerson has placed firm restrictions on WHAT he is
allowed to fetch these days … tennis balls are ok, the ONLY Frisbees he is
allowed to catch are the soft rubber ones made for dogs … she is still paying
off his dental bills from the last mishap.

4)      Walks.  Cyrus requires (at least) nightly walks, the more the better.
He is now fully accustomed to having a basset come along and bay the entire time
and doesn’t even flinch.  Now, if we could just get momPerson to relax about it
things would be great.

5)      Feeding.  Cyrus eats about 4 cups of science diet kibble a day (he
prefers it mixed with canned) and requires a large number of cookies throughout
the day.  He also drinks a ton of water (just saying ….)
6)      Climate control.  Cyrus requires the inside temperature to be maintained
between 68 and 72 degrees and also humidity controlled.

7)      Dog Door.  He needs one because he needs to ensure no terrorist squirrel
activity.  He has eliminated squirrels on our half of the block … I’ve NEVER
seen one.  On the far end of the block we saw one once, and we chased that evil
varmint off the block but then the dirty rotten sneak ran up a tree and a
neighbor tricked us into his garage with treats and then momPerson made us get
in the car and go home without ending the dirty rotten terrorists life!!  BTW,
the dog door needs to be big enough for a baby elephant … just saying.

8)      Company.  Cyrus CANNOT be alone.  For any reason.  Ever.  He gets SAD.
It is fine to leave him with a basset or two for extended periods … when you
come home you will find them in a pile.  But he must not be alone.  Ever.

Well, that’s it.  Please let me know which island to book him through to and
which day is best to pick him up at the airport.

Love,
Snoopy

P.S.  I have a question.  When momPerson and dadPerson went to Hawaii they had
this thing called red dirt.  It turned everything that went outside red, which
isn't a problem for Cyrus because he's black.  But I wondered about Bo and his
brother ... because they said they saw a dalmation and he was red with black
spots.  Are you guys red on red?  Just curious.