[Dailydrool] making dog treats

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Wed Apr 27 13:16:44 PDT 2011

oops I forgot to mention that: I buy the family pack of boneless, skinless chicken breast at the AF base commissary or SAM's Club. The chicken breast slice up very nicely.   A tip for cutting up the chicken is to cut it while it is still mostly frozen.  That way it slices a lot easier and you can get thinner slices...hence more jerky treat slices for your money.  As for the liver I use beef liver and slice it up while still frozen...if not it is a slimmy mess.

My hounds love all of these and seem to prefer it over all the store bought cookies and treats.  I swear if I could figure out how to communicate it to Ruger what I wanted him to do, I do believe that he would stand on his head for the chicken and liver jerky.

Happy Dehydrating!!!
Michele Momma & Treat Chef to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt "mmmmm jerky!!!"
Ruger "what does a hound have to do to get a piece of jerky around this place??? Stand on my head???"