[Dailydrool] We have a puppy!

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 18:31:18 PDT 2011

The Houndettes have a guest for a few days! One of our puppies that BaRCSE
had last fall has come back to us and he is spending time with the herd for
a few days. This wonderful boy has been in a couple of foster homes over the
past couple of months so we're hoping that we're going to find a good,
stable situation for him VERY soon! I have all six dogs with me today (the
four Houndettes plus the two mastiffs) so I've only introduced Ty to Suzy so
far. He's very submissive and she has such a gentle soul that I thought that
Suzy would be a good start for him. Tomorrow is another day and soon enough
for him to meet everyone else. I'm always anxious about Ginger with a
strange dog just because she can turn into Cujo in a heart beat. Shadow will
be fine with him but I have visions of Jersey putting him on his back right
off the bat to let him know whose boss. Tomorrow will be an interesting
day!

All of us at BaRCSE are kind of worried about this wonderful puppy. He's
been diagnosed with mild hip dysplasia and now he seems to be having a
problem with his front left leg. I'm anxious for my wonderful vet to take a
look at him. Basset bones are so odd that I really only trust what an
experienced basset vet has to say. I'm praying for pano or something very
simple and we'd all appreciate it if you could sling some drool in Ty's
direction. I'll be taking him to our vet in the next couple of days and then
we'll know what's going on with this sweet puppy. He was resting on my feet
till just a couple of minutes ago but now he's up and has just found the
toys. It's going to be fun having a puppy in the house again! It's been a
long time since we've had such a young one here!

We generally don't take the Houndettes to bed with us. There are just too
many of them, even with a king bed. When they do get a chance to sleep with
us, they all have their spots that they like. Suzy is our burrower. Whenever
she gets a chance to get into bed with us she immediately dives under the
covers and goes down by our feet. Actually, she the easiest one to sleep
with. Shadow goes under the covers but, when we wake up in the morning,
there she is in between the two of us on her back with her paws out and over
the covers just like she's a person! We're going to have to get a picture of
her doing that some day. Jersey always wants to be on top of the DH's pillow
and likes to beat it up to make it comfortable. Ginger has to wait till
everyone else is up or she takes possession of the bed and won't let anyone
else up on it. She just wants to get as close to one of us that she can.
She's great to snuggle with!

The Houndettes, foster Ty and the mastiffs are sending get well and heart
healing drool to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger
plus house guest foster boy Tybee/Wiggles
and mastiffs Brutus & Sasha