[Dailydrool] Buster

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Mon Aug 8 15:56:51 PDT 2011

We just got back from Columbia Missouri Veterinary Teaching Hospital and saw two vets and one vet student who graduates in May of next year she fell in love with Buster I told her he is up for adoption she says she has a coon hound I said they make great companions. She laughed but anyway Buster got prodded and poked and his leg twisted and bent every which way then they wisked him off for more X-rays and he is spending the night tonight in Columbia they will call me after they have a plan for him they said they are not sure exactly where to cut the bone they are going to have a conference so his surgery will be tomorrow if they feel confident they have the right solution to fix his leg. If not he will have surgery Wednesday. They are suppose to call me later tonight with an update on how he is doing. He was exhausted from the trip and all of the prodding. I took his big bed in with all of our good smells from home on it so he could take a nice sweet nap while the vets decide which is the best proeedure for him they said there are two different ways they can proceed one is to put a plate under his skin to secure the bones and the other is to build a frame outside of his leg with screws and rings . They usually use the plate. That is what we are used to. We had the money for half down to get his surgery done thanks to donations and we really appreciate every donation. Thank You for your help! We will keep you informed of his progress and as soon as I know something I will let you know. Thank you so much for your help and well wishes for him.