[Dailydrool] Persimmons?

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 13:18:33 PST 2011

Are persimmons ok for dogs? How about raccoon poop?

Our neighbors have a persimmon tree and the raccoons eat them and then
cr at pin our yard. My 2 little angels then go hunting and in turn eat
said cr at p.

Twice in the past month Cowboy has puked up something awful - which we now
suspect is raccoon cr at p as this morning's puke had a little orange sliver
of fruit...lovely!

Oobviously we need to find a way to keep them from finding/eating raccoon
feces but my bigger concern is how dangerous it could be. I recall that
drinking from puddles is dangerous b/c raccoons and other wildlife pee in
the puddles and can cause dogs to acquire Lepto or something like that...so
does the same go for eating raccoon poo?

Thanks in advance,
Kacy with Cow and Ru - "we don't eat our own poop, that would be
disgusting......only other animals." :)