[Dailydrool] snoopy checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 20 15:19:11 PST 2013

Hi all, Snoopy here,

I have news.  Big news.  Yesterday LuLu played with a toy.  And with ME.  She
has mouthed a braided toy from Auntie Wen once or twice but she's never actually
played tuggy with one.  Ever.  And she has lived here for a YEAR.  And there is
more.  Much more.  You see, I am what some call socially awkward.  What they
mean is that I wasn't socialized when I was little.  I mean, I was with my liter
for a million years, and so my bites are so inhibited I can't even bite when I
get REALLY, REALLY mad at Gracie so I stand on her and yell bloody murder.  I've
tried to bite but I just don't have the hang of it and momPerson says its
because they left me with my liter too long and my bites are inhibited.  But
after I went to live with my mommy she didn't take me to play with other dogs.
So when the clueless momPerson pulled me from the shelter at age 5 after mommy
died and a bunch of other (all bad) stuff happened I was socially awkward.  I
would play with Cyrus but I would get more and more and more worked up and
couldn't calm myself back down.  When LuLu came to live with us she would play
with me and when I got too wound up she would run under Cyrus and stand there
and dadPerson would say we had a double decker dog.

Cyrus was the biggest, sweetest black lab you'd ever want to meet.  He left us
for the bridge without prior notice nor arrangement in his sleep on August 1.
And LuLu hasn't really played with me since.  She and Gracie will play when I'm
not looking but if I come to join them they both stop.  Because I am socially
awkward.  But there is BIG news.  REALLY BIG news.  Yesterday momPerson and
dadPerson were talking in the kitchen and there was a commotion in the living
room and it went on and on and the clueless momPerson came to investigate and
LuLu and I were wrestling on the living room floor.  Real gentle.  Taking turns
rolling half over and jumping up and running around and wrestling.  And then I
grabbed my best dinosaur and charged down the hall with it and LuLu chased me
and I came running back and she grabbed a hold of the dinosaur and we played
tuggy with my best dinosaur in the living room and then we wrestled a little bit
more and then we were tired and we slowed down and ..... I settled.  And stopped
hooting and howling.  And sat down.  All by myself.  Well, with LuLu but still.

That is my big news.

More later from Snoopy
with Gracie (who hid the whole time because she is a scaredy cat)
and LuLu (who for once did not have to konk Snoopy to get him to back off)