[Dailydrool] anxiety poop and pee

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 27 14:05:40 PDT 2013

Oh lord.  I'm gonna get flamed but here goes.

Let me try to start off by saying that I mean no offense to those folks that
crate.  My mother (may her memory be for blessing) ALWAYS crated her dogs and
thought I was a lunatic for not doing so.

I do NOT crate.  I simply don't.  Snoopy actually loves a good crate, he'll curl
up in there happy as a clam, but I don't want one in my living room.  Gracie and
LuLu will cry hysterically if you put them in one, rescued puppy mill breeders
who have spent FAR TOO MUCH TIME in a cage.  I just don't do it.

So, mine don't pee or poop in the house (other than Gracie's occasional, an ever
rarer, accident).  I watch them.  If I have to leave them then someone else
watches them.  If someone (SNOOPY!!!!!, it's always SNOOPY) gets out of hand
they get a timeout in the office.  Heck, half the time I even give him a peanut
butter kong to keep him busy in there.

So, what if you ban the crate and try confining her in your home office or even
your bathroom or kitchen or mudroom with a baby gate when you can't watch the
puppy?  Does she do better?

Just a thought from the ever clueless momPerson