[Dailydrool] Chicken Tenders

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Mar 8 05:52:19 PST 2016

The very hardest part of making chicken tenders is getting them sliced nice
and thin. Unless your friend has a slicer and you don't, I would give them
to her all sliced and ready to put on the trays. I never season them. You
could. Don't use salt though. I have seen a lot of recipes that sprinkle
basil, oregano, or rosemary on them. You can. I have a lot of flavors of
Mrs. Dash that I sprinkle on zuchinni slices when I dehydrate, but the dogs
seem to scarf down the meat fast enough just plain. I don't know howbig
your dehydrator is, so don't know how much meat you will need. My
dehydrator has 18 inch square trays. There are 9 of tem and I find it tends
to hold about 13 pounds of material. Don't forget that gizzards and hearts
are cheap and dehydrate without any slicing. Chicken liver is also very
simple to work with as well, but stinks. So I do it in the garage, when
hubby is outof town. Beef liver requires a lot of slicing.

It is significantly easier to slice the liver and the meat when still
frozen enough to be firm but not rock hard. I personally only like to do
meat in a dehydrator with a fan and a temperature control. My husband
thinks I am nuts. Whatever. He is a chemical engineer. I have a degree in
animal science. I took meats and microbiology. Hope this helps. If I missed
a point, fel free to email me directly.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess
timandjenmartin at gmail.com