[Dailydrool] Big Bed .... Update

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 24 09:46:49 PST 2020

Hi it's Samantha,
If life is a bowl of cherries what am I doing in the pits??  The big bed, while quite enormous (it's a California king) is not as big as I once thought it was.  I attribute this to an incredible ability dogs who have legs who are only 3 inches long have, which is to somehow spread out and take up the ENTIRE DAMN BED!  Excuse my language, YES I know this is a family list but .... but .... but .... HOW???  More importantly, WHY???  I have VERY long legs I look like a long legged basset ..... I make sure to turn twice and spin until my long legs are twisted up underneath me and then I curl my body into a tight little ball and lay down.  Easy enough.  These other two, why they're ridiculous, they take up as much room as a person.  EACH.  They spread out longer and farther then you could ever imagine!
And so it happened.  One night, I leapt up into bed after daddy and Snoopy had turned it.  In my defense it was pitch black dark and I couldn't see anything and .... well ..... I landed DIRECTLY on Snoopy who was sound asleep.  He's old (nearly 15) he's delicate, and he's somewhat deaf and nearly blind.  So, when I landed directly on him he HOWLED his very loudest howl and everybody came RUNNING and I felt so bad I just slinked off to the living room and I slept on the couch and I have a new rule...... I will NOT jump up on the bed if Snoopy and daddy are already in the bed and the lights are off.  Period.
If mommy and Chomper and I beat daddy and Snoopy to bed then fine, I curl up with Chomper at the head of the bed and Daddy and Snoopy can lay anywhere because I DON'T TAKE UP ANY ROOM.
If Snoopy and daddy get there first I sleep on the couch or with the woman/girl, cause I'm not doing that again.
Whew from Samantha who really can't believe it.